Thursday, April 24, 2008

Competency #6: Critical Thinking

Critical thinking is the reason that I decided to go to UAS in the first place.
For me getting a liberal arts education is all about learning to think critically. Critical thinking is all about examining ideas, analyzing situations and problem solving.

  • I think a good example of my critical thinking skills is the design process that I used to make my Octopus Mitts.

  • I examine my design process in the video that I made for this class.

  • Another example of the application of my critical thinking skills is in this paper that I wrote for an upper division English class. The class was "Major Authors: Hemingway and Faulkner." I used a lot of techniques that I learned in another English class, "Ecocriticism," to write a paper that examined Faulkner's short story, The Bear from an ecocritical perspective.

No comments: