Thursday, April 24, 2008

Competency #4: Computer Usage

I think that this is one of the most important competencies for a Humanities student to master. It involves being comfortable with a computer and with all varieties of computer programs so that you can accomplish your projects in a professional manner.

  • It may not be immediately clear why an Art Major needs to be comfortable with a computer but these days most graduate programs require artwork to be stored digitally. This means that the artist must be able to photograph using a digital camera, transfer the images and most importantly manipulate them in photoshop for clarity. This is one of the first images that I practiced on for storing digitally.


Jack 2008

  • For this competency I also present this blog as well as my knitting blog, Knitosaurus

  • I also have my video that I made for this class which I will be posting after its premiere at our Capstone Collage.

No comments: