Thursday, February 28, 2008

Personal Creativity Project: Take II

Okay, I am changing my Personal Creativity Project.
Actually, I already changed it...
My new plan is this:
Create a unique knitting design, implement the design, write the pattern and offer it for sale on my knitting blog.
I'm really excited about this project.

Over the past couple of weeks (while I've been sick) I brainstormed and came up with a plan.

First I limited my options:
  • Because I have a limited time frame and knitting does take a bit of time I limited my design to a small item.
  • I've been really interested in colorwork lately because there are just so many design possibilities with it so I thought a colorwork design would be best.
With those limitations in mind I thought I would do a pair of colorwork mittens. Trying to think of ideas I had my friends help me brainstorm all our favorite animals. In the end I went with my own favorite animal, an octopus.

As I worked on the drawing I realized that real mittens wouldn't be as good as fingerless mittens (also, they are faster to knit).

Then I converted my sketches to knitting charts and here is what I have so far:
Hope this works!

No comments: